It’s been kind of a sucky weekend. Irrational. Complicated. Difficult.
So I settled into single-girl cliché: cookie dough, Sex and the City DVDs, and a couple of long walks. And a new, kinda random playlist that (surprise!) had me dancing around like a crazy person and feeling a little more like myself by the end of this afternoon.
A good combination of emotional ballads (excellent for crying and/or belting), hang-in-there lyrics (the sun will come out tomorrow), and a little bit of “Fuck it.” Exactly what I needed.
None of these are my normal go-to cheer-me-up songs, but they really worked.
- Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright
- You’re So Vain – Carly Simon
- Only the Good Die Young – Billy Joel
- I Want to Hold Your Hand – The Beatles
- Can’t Buy Me Love – The Beatles
- Eight Days a Week – The Beatles
- Yesterday – The Beatles
- Hey Jude – The Beatles
- Jackson – Hem
- Extraordinary Machine – Fiona Apple
- Tymps (The Sick in the Head Song) – Fiona Apple
- Look at Me, I’m Sandra Dee – Stockard Channing
- Those Magic Changes – Sha-Na-Na
- Hallelujah – John Cale
- Don’t Cry for Me Argentina – Madonna
- I Won’t Back Down – Blake Shelton and Dia Frampton
- I’m The Only One – Beverly McClellan
- Man in the Mirror – Adam Levine and Javier Colon
- Whatever it Is – Zac Brown Band
- Jolene – Zac Brown Band
- Let it Go – Zac Brown Band
- Ring Them Bells – Sarah Jarosz
- Red Headed Woman – Bruce Springsteen
- Dog Days are Over – Florence + The Machine